A martini became a style statement when Mr. James Bond said he liked his Martini “shaken, not stirred.” This definitely hyped the martini’s status among its peers and you could see people eagerly asking the bartender to make a martini for them that was “shaken, not stirred.” If you are under the impression that every martini is the same, you are mistaken. You can experiment a lot with martinis and that is how the various forms of martinis that you come across evolved. Not every experiment is successful, but there are quite a few types of martinis that have held everyone’s fancy and are a huge hit among people.
- The dirty martini is one the most famous martinis of all time. You must have seen your favorite movie star ordering a martini at the bar and asking the bartender to “make it dirty.” A dirty martini is made in a shaker with all the ingredients of a martini- the gin or the vodka, vermouth, brine, olives and ice, are added and shaken to mix it really well.
- The Gibson martini is your martini that has gin or vodka and vermouth but instead of being garnished with olives, they are garnished with pickled onions. Talk about experimenting!
- The espresso martini is not something you would want to miss. A big yes from coffee lovers who are also in love with the martini. The espresso martini consists of vodka or gin, espresso coffee, coffee liqueur and sugar syrup. It is not your traditional martini or even close to it, but it definitely is a treat for your taste buds
- If you think the martini cannot get more creative, take a look at the cranberry-lemongrass martini. It consists of the delicious cranberry vodka, lemongrass syrup, lime juice and sparkling wine. Skewers of cranberry and lemongrass spears are used to garnish this martini.
- The peach-pomegranate martini is for the fruit lovers, a delight to their taste buds. The ingredients are not so hard to find, they are- pomegranate vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice and lemon juice. Once it is mixed well, it is garnished with a cinnamon stick to give it a distinct taste.
- The German chocolate martini is the perfect blend of the martini and the luscious German chocolates. The German chocolate martini is concocted by mixing Godiva chocolate liqueur, coconut rum, and black vodka. It is garnished with chocolate shavings to add to the taste quotient
These are some of the popular types of Martinis that people crave for, and if you are a D-I-Y enthusiast, you can look up martini recipes that can be made at home. Keep experimenting, who knows your martini could become the next big thing!