A classic leather jacket has great styling power. It can be worn with any outfit and in any season, summer or winter. If you do not have at least one leather jacket in your closet yet, it’s time you get one. Collarless leather jackets work great on most outfits too, as do monochromatic leather jackets, such as black ones. That does not mean colorful leather jackets are out. Colorful leather jackets can be matched with enough ensembles to give a stylish, trendy and classy look.
Here are some tips on how you can carry off collared and collarless leather jackets:
- For a casual look, pair the leather jacket with a pair of denim pants and a tee shirt or sweater. Complete the look with a pair of boots.
- For a boho-chic look, you can get creative with a floral dress, ankle length boots, and a leather jacket. An embroidered jacket with a printed dress works well for this look as does a white lace dress paired with combat boots, with a collarless jacket, of course.
- Carry a sophisticated look by pairing a leather jacket with an office outfit like a pantsuit or a skirt suit.
- For the ‘70s rock and roll look, pair a midi dress with a pair of cowboy boots and the jacket.
- Wear a biker leather jacket, dark blue skinny denim, white top and a brimmed hat for a stylish cowboy look.
- For a special occasion at the office, wear a cropped leather jacket over solid-colored shirts with checkered skirts that fall just below the knee. Accessorize the outfit with a clutch and black pumps.
- If you have a studded leather jacket, pair it with a white top tucked in pants with a grid print.
- Colorful jackets, such as bright blue leather can be paired with a printed shirt and skirt with the hem of the skirt just below the knee. Colorful leather jackets can also be paired with denim, white or black dresses that are zipped up in the front.
- A cropped leather jacket also works well with light colored tops, black leggings, and thigh-high boots. To carry off a grunge look, pair a cropped leather jacket with a dark tee and skinny pants.