Fitness trackers are undoubtedly one of the most popular types of wearable technology. They have massively evolved over the last few years and have incorporated intelligent features which make monitoring health a lot easier. However, the models vary according to every consumer’s needs. If you are on a lookout for such wearable technology but don’t know where to start from, then begin by shortlisting the kind of features you’d fancy. The following are some of the most sought-after features that can be found in current fitness tracker variants, which will help you pick the best.
- Pedometer – This is the most basic feature any fitness tracker possesses, i.e., it measures the number of steps taken throughout the day. These basically act as a reminder and can motivate you to increase your physical movement on a daily basis. Currently, many fitness tracker models also house useful data like the amount of distance covered and calories burnt.
- Calorie count – Based on the data from the pedometer, the calorie count feature can inform you about the estimated calories you have lost. You can also monitor your calorie intake through the day with the help of the smartphone app. You just have to key in what you’ve had for meals. The results can assist you in making some necessary alterations in your diet for weight management purposes.
- Sleep tracker – Wearable technology today wants to assess all the health factors comprehensively. So, many brands have introduced a sleep tracker which evaluates your quality of sleep. With the help of the sensors, it not only determines how much sleep time did you cover but also gives information about how many times you woke up through the night. If you notice any issues in your slumber period, then you can readjust your routine to rest better.
- Pulse monitor – Certain fitness tracker models also have sensors that record the heart rate. This can be an excellent feature for athletes or people with health problems. By realizing how hard your heart has to work, you can customize your exercise regime to perform better.
- Alarms – If you happen to be someone who despises the shrill sound of alarms, then you should get a fitness tracker that has a silent alarm feature. It’s simple, you just wear it while sleeping and it will gently buzz to wake you up.
- Goal dashboard – Almost all fitness trackers have their own smartphone apps. These apps contain vital statistics about your health. You can also set daily or weekly targets. On the completion of your fitness goals, you receive a congratulatory message which you can share with family and friends. If you wish, you can also pursue collective goals with fellow users.
- Smartphone notifications – You can easily miss some of the important calls through the day. A fitness tracker prevents this situation by projecting notifications if you get a call, email, or text. This can be especially useful while you are traveling or working.
- Battery life – A fitness tracker doesn’t need recharging on a daily basis. Some fitness trackers have a battery life up to five days. But this can differ according to every consumer’s usage patterns.
- Waterproof – There are wearable technology brands which specifically manufacture a waterproof design for swimmers. Moreover, if you are looking for something simpler, then you can also find water-resistant models in the market.
All the wearable technology brands may not offer the features mentioned above, so determine the best combination that works for you. For instance, if you need a something that keeps you active through the day, then a simple fitness tracker with a pedometer and smartphone connectivity will do. Moreover, if you are an athlete, then you will need an advanced model which will keep an overall track of your fitness regime.
Tag – Wearable Technology