The vitamins present naturally in coconut oil help to nourish the scalp and quicken the hair growth. Proper use of the oil fights against dandruff lice etc. It can be used as a daily treatment. Applying a little bit of coconut oil on our scalp before bed by making sure it stimulates deeply into the follicles. It makes the hair grow thickly. Applying a bit of coconut oil before going out in the sun will protect the hair from being too frizzy. It acts as a natural sunscreen.
After washing the hair with a mild shampoo apply some coconut oil which can act as a moisturizer as well as a conditioner. Another way to use coconut oil to deeply condition the hair is by following the below steps.
- Heat up the oil to a temperature where it is not too hot to dip your finger into it.
- Apply it on the scalp and gently massage it into the hair.
- Wrap the hair in a towel and leave it for 30 minutes or more. (the longer you leave coconut oil on the hair the more effective it will be)
- Wash off the oil using a mild shampoo.
A bit of oil can be reapplied to give the hair a shine and to condition it.
To fight off dandruff, hot coconut oil is to be massaged on the scalp, after which wrap the head with a hot towel. Leave the oil on the scalp overnight and wash it off the next day. Following this at least twice a week brings a great change in your hair. The same method also ensures faster hair growth.
To avoid split ends, apply a bit of coconut oil at the tip of the hair and tie the end with a piece of cloth at night before sleeping. Coconut oil can be used to detangle frizzy hair. Before combing messed up hair, try applying coconut oil both on the scalp as well as on the hair. Another method to stimulate hair growth is to follow the steps below:
- Fry some shallots or onions in some organic coconut oil. Remove the fried bits and store the oil for later use.
- Before applying the oil, heat it up a bit and message it on the scalp.
- Wash it off after some time using a mild shampoo.
Regular application of coconut oil to the hair prevents hair from losing its protein and keeps it moisturized. Using coconut oil is a natural remedy for many hair issues and it has a long-term good impact on the hair’s health.