Not every kid likes going to school, and when for some reason the school is closed suddenly for the day, children are the happiest lot you will ever come across. However, there are some serious causes behind the declaration of school closing list, which kids often tend to overlook. Mostly the school closings list is circulated for keeping these kids from harm’s way.
There are plenty of reasons why school closing lists are declared on the news channel, and this is done with an intention to inform their parents to keep their children from going to school. Here are some reasons for which schools can be closed after issuing a notice.
- Usually, the schools are declared closed when the institution is short of staff. In the absence of the required number of staff, it becomes quite difficult to manage the students and attend to the various on-goings in the school. The school closings list is often declared due to the insufficient staff to look after the students.
- Extreme weather conditions too are responsible for the schools abrupt closing for the day. It is hazardous for the students as well the teachers to come to school under such extreme weather conditions. Thunderstorms and incessant snowfall might prompt the school to declare a school closing that day, to keep everyone safe.
- One of the major reasons why schools are closed and school closings list is declared due to maintenance work. For instance, if the heating system fails to function properly during winter, the school might declare a closing since the children’s health is at risk here. In the absence of proper amenities in the school, especially the crucial ones, a school closing list does rounds of the local news.
- One of the primary reasons why a school can be closed is when there’s a security threat. This is one of the most extreme cases where a close is abruptly closed. Bomb threats or threats from anti-social elements can put the lives of the students and staff at risk. Thus, the school authorities declare a school closing till the threat is averted.
- At times, this school closing can become a permanent deal when the authorities decide to close it for good. Insufficient funds, or health and safety concerns can govern this decision to close the school permanently. The parents are notified by the school authorities, and the prospective students are informed via a school closing list in such cases.
This school closing list is circulated on local news channels or via emails or even the newspapers.