With festivities right around the corner, it’s that time of the year when we all start renovating our houses and start celebrating with friends and family. The first thing that usually all of us like to change is the lighting and light fixtures. After all, nobody likes a dingy house with lights not lighting up properly. With all of the new options available, both online and out, it can be quite daunting to buy lights. With new LED lights promising to light your house for 20 years along with saving energy and money, it becomes quite difficult to pick up the best lights. Another confusion is the authenticity of the lighting sale and discount lights that have taken over the e-market.
If you are planning to buy lights for your home, LED lights are the best option. Now although it might seem as a huge investment as these lights demand a good investment, the savings are quite apparent. Here are some handy tips that will prove quite beneficial when you plan to buy lights for your home. These points are quite specific to LED light bulbs and will help you make the right decision.
- LED lights have taken over the marketplace with a boom. Having captured the conventional lighting marketplace, LED lights are a good buy because of their extended lifespans, low energy consumption and also does not require too much maintenance. An energy efficient lighting technology, LED has changed the future of lighting in the US. Energy Star rated products are a must but for residential use, as they help save energy, and last up to 25 times longer when compared to normal bulbs.
- When you plan to buy bulbs, LED bulbs are a good option as they provide full brightness and remain unaffected by rapid cycling. This means that their efficiency is not affected by the number of times it’s switched on and off in a day.
- Another reason why you should buy bulbs that are LED is that they are environment-friendly. Normally the ordinary light bulbs generate power which eventually gets converted into radiated or infrared rays. Ultraviolet radiation and excessive heat imposes fear and prove hazardous for people. LEDs, on the other hand, emit no infra-red or ultraviolet rays.
- Since LEDs can be easily be dimmed, they help in maintaining the equilibrium and a feel in the room. Also since they light up quickly (in 3 minutes to its full capacity), they are a great buy as they can be easily put on printed circuit boards.
- It is great to buy LED bulbs as they are mercury free, and not like the cheap fluorescent lamps.
- Since LEDs are of solid components, they are not fragile and do not break down because of an external shock.